Amount of study time for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

octap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First question: Have you been taking AAMC practice tests with 29-30 avg or third party practice tests? If you're getting 30 avg and you are sure that your only weakness is content, then I think 3 weeks of content review is more than enough time to get up to 33 (depending on how well you learn and review). Content is easy, test-taking skills are not.

Personally, I think that a 12 is something anyone can achieve in PS if they have solid content knowledge. And by that I mean, knows the relevant formulas/applications for any question cold, kind of solid. 13+ probably requires either talent (which you seem to have) or luck. Bio I would say you can get up to an 11 or 12 by knowing content really well. Above that requires better all around higher order thinking skills. Seems like you have a good "base" as far as test-taking goes (usually a high early VR score is indicative of a good base), so I would tentatively say that your content ceiling is 14 for PS and 13~ for bio. Assuming your VR stays at a static 10, I would estimate you could go up to a 36/37. This is assuming you have been 100% honest about the state of your content knowledge. The other factor would also be how quickly you can really learn all the content you're missing.