An Interesting Article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good for the anesthesiologists. I hope it works out nicely for them.

Sounds like a real mess. Glad that I am not a part of it.

Something very similar to this happened in my last group as we tried to pull out of a Hosp. system that was working us all night and paying us nothing. The surgeons wanted out along with us, so we stated we would only cover emergencies begining on a certain date, until they fixed the problems. Well they fixed it alright. They got another group to cover them for alot more money than we were getting and took away another site of ours that was owned by the hosp. It all worked out in the end, except for the surgeons who still had to go there and now with new anesthesia (and rumored to be less skilled ).

Sheridan Inc. is one of those companies that hospitals can hire to provide anesthesia coverage.

I don't know why hospitals would ever do something so drastic....The cost is usually higher than just paying the regular anesthesia team better.

I think, a lot of times, it comes down to ego and saving face.....what the administration doesn't know is that most of the time, they are shooting themselves in the foot if they already have a good anesthesia service.