ashman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2005
Status
Hey you guys I was wondering if you had two majors from different schools can you choose which one you want to send in. I am currently a Bio major at UCI and am applying to dental school for 2006. My gpa is low for sci I have 2.6 and overall a 3.2. Even with good DAT chances are slim. I was wondering though all my Science pre-req classes are a total GPA of 3.1 is it better to apply with that degree or go to Cal state get a major in like Health Sciences or something easier and finish that with a high GPA and apply with that degree. Also if I did choose to go that route will ADSAS know that one year I applied with a Bio degree and the next year I applied with a Health Sci degree not including the Bio at all into my GPA. Im trying all angles to beat the stats is this one a way??????

It's never good to try to beat the system. Maybe they wouldn't notice, maybe they'd know. I wouldn't chance it.

The Best would be to bring up your GPA with the new classes and report everything you've taken.

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
Some schools might keep your record for the next year in case you weren't accepted this year.

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Since you are required to post all transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, regardless of the number of degrees, it will all iron itself out. I would advise not trying to 'beat' the system and only report one transcript from one school - doing so is dishonest and might be grounds for expulsion at some schools.