Medical An Interview With A Satisfied MCAT-MVP Test Prep User

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

"Start studying about 6 months in advance. Don't study too much later or too much earlier than that."
This interview is the first in a new Accepted blog series featuring interviews with MCAT2015 test takers, offering readers an inside look at the exam experience and some of the top MCAT test prep services out there. And now for a chat with Alex who prepared for the exam using MCAT-MVP.

Accepted: We'd like to get to know you! Where are you from? Where are you in college? And what are you studying?

Alex: I am from Texas and I go to school at Texas A&M University. I have just one more year left of college. My major is Biology.

Accepted: Can you share 3 fun facts about yourself?

Alex: I love horseback riding and my uncle’s family has a horse, so he lets me go all the time. It’s so much fun.I love watching Texas football and I am a big Cowboys fan.I have always wanted to be a physician since I was in grade school.

Accepted: When did you take the MCAT? What had you been most nervous about? Most confident?

Alex: I took the MCAT just a few months ago in June.

I think the best way to prepare for the 2015 MCAT is to do lots of practice problems. I feel like I learned a lot just from doing practice problems and seeing the things that I got wrong and why I got them wrong.

I was nervous about biochem and physics on the exam. The MVP Series MCAT prep book did a good job at explaining physics, so after that I was pretty confident about that part of the exam.

Accepted: Can you tell us about your experience using MCAT-MVP?

Alex: I was impressed with it. It was something new and different. It had lots of videos and animations that made concepts easy to understand. It also does a good job at describing the science information.

Accepted: What were some of their features that most impressed you?

Alex: I liked the review questions at the end of each section. It was good at explaining the correct answer and had an interactive way of describing the answer.

Accepted: Did you use any other MCAT prep resources?

Alex: Yes. I used ExamKrackers, and I was happy with both resources.

Accepted: When and where do you plan on applying to med school? Have you completed any other med school admissions components? Alex: I am applying to medical school at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. I have started filling out my application and I will probably be applying to other schools as well. It’s really exciting to be at this stage of my life.

Accepted: Can you share your top 3 MCAT tips with our readers?

Alex: My first tip is to do the AAMC practice questions. My second tip is to not focus on trying to learn every small detail in any MCAT book. My third tip is to start studying about 6 months in advance. Don't study too much later or too much earlier than that. All of my friends who did well on the exam studied for at least 3 months before the exam.

Explore MCAT-MVP’s MCAT2015 services here. And thank you Alex for sharing your experience with us – we wish you loads of luck!

MVP Series is a new educational company that prides itself on innovation to give students a unique way to study for the MCAT. Students are able to interact with their textbooks and use things like videos and flashcards all within a single product that provides a great learning experience.

Related Resources:

What Does The AAMC Post-MCAT Questionnaire Tell Us About Premeds?
3 Reasons to Be Excited for the New MCAT
MCAT 2015: What You Actually Need to Study [Infographic]

This article originally appeared on blog.accepted.com.

Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages,or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!

Members don't see this ad.