• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

AntiHouseMD

May 26, 2011
Massachusetts
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey everyone. In an attempt to break the seemingly never-ending chain of "College A vs. College B" threads, I figured it would be interesting to hear everyone's plans for college next year (or later, depending on your high school class). What are you going to major in, have any goals academic or otherwise, any extracurriculars you're interested in, etc.? Everything is on the table (within reason, though). Hopefully this gets some responses; if not, :). I'll post mine later today, but want to see what other people have to say first.

Cephal0pod

c/o 2020
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2010
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
Hey everyone. In an attempt to break the seemingly never-ending chain of "College A vs. College B" threads, I figured it would be interesting to hear everyone's plans for college next year (or later, depending on your high school class).

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

As far as EC's, I'm thinking about getting involved with my college's equestrian team, though I'm not sure yet. I'm a little concerned about the extra time/$$ commitment and whether or not that will impact my GPA. So, I might hold off on that until my sophomore year until I know more about how much I need to study, how I need to study, etc. One thing my college doesn't have is a pre-vet club, so I might be brave and look into starting one at some point down the road... we'll see.

I was looking into what GECs I will still need to take the other day and I found out my college has a phys. ed./exercise course requirement. You can take some cool stuff to fulfill it though (eg, ballroom dancing, rock climbing, pilates, ultimate frisbee, yoga, etc) so I'm actually looking forward to it. I think I'll give ballroom a whirl, I've always wanted to try it and I love dance. I actually used to be super involved with ballet until I was about 15. Rock climbing sounds pretty sweet too though... So hard to decide! :p

bandgeek0295

I'm Hungry
Jul 29, 2011
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
HS C/O 2013 here. Planning to go to North Carolina A&T. Biggest things that I'm interested right now are band and Model U.N. I'm just going to be another stereotypical Biology major. My goal is to just survive with a decent GPA...then I'll be happy.

About the Ads

elettrificato

Jun 10, 2011
Status (Visible)
Join, a sorority, either pre-med at my UC, or just a sorority, depends on what I have researched so far keeps to be an interest.
Keep up the GPA, find my studying habits, and what opportunities there are in labs in my freshmen year. Also, get a work-study or campus job. Go to gym, play tennis, and swim daily.
hrmmm. not sure of anything else.

I'm No Superman

Crushin' scones
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2011
Ann Arbor
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Ann Arbor also has UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program) I'll probably try and find something I'm interested in and try it out.

SDsequence

7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Class of 2012! Probably going to be a biology major but there are some other interesting majors as well. I really wish I could get recruited for the lacrosse team but even if by some slim chance I did I know it would be a huge time commitment. Therefore I definitely plan on playing club. Hopefully adjusting to college won't be too hard and I can hit the ground running and keep it that way!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.