Analogies!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redemption3800

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DOES anyone here know where I can get common words for the analogies section of the pcat?? I am worried that even my vernacular wont help me with some of these words.... PLEASE HELP !!
 
im looking for that too. my worst section though was the reading comprehension. as for the verbal especially the analogies, it was difficult. i did not understand two of the four words, so it was almost impossible for me to connect the answer. have you found any suggestions? what about the other sections? what works for you?
 
well the only assistance i have seem to got is from the miller analogies study aides, which is also another hartcourt assesment. I do not feel the need to study for 2 seperate exams though and there has to be a better way. Please anyone post there best tecnique on tackling the analogies
 
well the only assistance i have seem to got is from the miller analogies study aides, which is also another hartcourt assesment. I do not feel the need to study for 2 seperate exams though and there has to be a better way. Please anyone post there best tecnique on tackling the analogies
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is probably going wayyyyy overboard, but I spent the entire summer memorizing 1,000 vocabulary words that I purchased from Barnes and Nobles. The vocab words come in a box, they are flashcards, and by SparkNotes. I found this to increase my analogy section TREMENDOUSLY! It was well worth it!
 
Hey everyone! Honestly I am worried about the same thing. However what I have done is got the cliffs 5 PCAT practie tests and did the verbal part of that and any words I do not know I go back and look up the definition. I have gotten online to a couple of places that give practice analogies. I guess there is no easy way but to practice practice practice!