anatomy and embryo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aashkab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, um so i haven't been staying up to date on the forums lately and i tried finding that AFTER MAY 15 thread but can't for some reason...

anyways, is there like a general consensus that there is difficult anatomy/embryo on the new test? perhaps more weighted?

and if so, what do you guys plan on doing to prepare for it? yeah, i know we're all in the same boat = screwed if that's the case but i mean, i'd like to at least give a shot at trying to be prepared for the new curveballs

even if it is "experimental," i'd rather not bank on that

BRS anatomy? BRS embryo? what else?

^ that was a mini panic attack, lol^

Members don't see this ad.

okay, um so i haven't been staying up to date on the forums lately and i tried finding that AFTER MAY 15 thread but can't for some reason...

anyways, is there like a general consensus that there is difficult anatomy/embryo on the new test? perhaps more weighted?

and if so, what do you guys plan on doing to prepare for it? yeah, i know we're all in the same boat = screwed if that's the case but i mean, i'd like to at least give a shot at trying to be prepared for the new curveballs

Don't worry, I have one every time I think of anatomy... I take the test in 2 weeks, and at this point, focusing on anatomy is low-yield for me. I admit that FA is pretty lacking in the area. However, in order to be set for anatomy for this test, you'd have to do nothing short of relearning all of year 1 anatomy. And you still might not get the few questions.

Of course, if you have a lot of time, you could read Moore's ECA blue boxes, or something similar that clinically oriented. I think I'd UW questions as a learning tool for anatomy, because they incorporate a decent amount :luck:

BRS Gross Anatomy chapter summaries are pretty good - quick read and clinically relevant stuff.

I found HY Anatomy and Embryo are good to read.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anything, I'd make sure to know all the anatomy and embryo in FA first and then look at other sources if time/energy/will permits.

If anything, I'd make sure to know all the anatomy and embryo in FA first and then look at other sources if time/energy/will permits.

yeah definitely but as another poster mentioned, its not too much info to know.

i think i'll skim through BRS or high yield.

i DID look at the moore's blue boxes, and personally didn't enjoy them. there is way too much procedural stuff which is yes, clinically relevant but not step 1 relevant for now.