Anatomy book question!

Started by Hollycozza
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hollycozza

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey hey!

I have ten weeks of clinical placements to go before graduation(!) anyway, I have a book question. The anatomy books I have are:

* Dyce Sack and Wensing Veterinary Anatomy
* Budras (Dog anatomy)

anyway, I need to revise my anatomy, and am looking to buy an equine book and a ruminant (specifically cow) book. I've done all my lectures and passed all my exams, but I would like some books with good pictures to keep, and use to help me with surgery, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys 😍
 
Congrats on almost being done!! I really like the 'Color Atlas of Veterinary Anatomy' by Ashdown and Done. There are three volumes: Ruminant, Equine and Dog and Cat. They contain tons of photographs plus labeled illustrations to accompany the photographs.
 
If you have access to VIN (and its free to vet students) I suggest posting this question there. They will have a better idea of what will be useful out in practice as most people on this site are in vet school still.
 
thanks Norky and Angelo. I think I signed up for VIN ages ago but have never used it, but it sounds like I should, so I shall try that!! Cheers 🙂