Test Tools Anatomy Flash Cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thieme

Test Prep Exhibitor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Anatomy Flash Cards
By Gilroy et al.
$34.95

View Table of Contents
View Sample Content

A practical aid to studying and mastering concepts in human anatomy

This handy set of flash cards helps you perfect your understanding of anatomy. Featuring the exquisite illustrations from Atlas of Anatomy, these flash cards are a valuable tool for studying, memorizing, and reviewing the most important concepts in human anatomy.

Features:
  • More than 350 full-color illustrations help you master key concepts
  • Questions and answers, comments, and clinical applications, where appropriate, help you apply information for real-life practice
  • Enclosed ring makes cards conveniently portable
  • Page numbers on each card enable easy cross-referencing to Atlas of Anatomy

This product is also available with Latin Nomenclature.

Thieme will be giving away one free copy of this product to one lucky number! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion. Don't fret if you didn't win the raffle, members will receive a 15% discount on all books when they enter promo code UDOC15 during checkout on www.thieme.com.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Question about more MRI/Cross sectional scans:

I see that your sample (pg. 16) has a MRI of the orbit and I was curious if it also include more cross sections of the body, i.e. lower extremity, thorax, etc.

Also, does the neuroanatomy section have actual cross sections as well or mostly just diagrams? Thank you!

What are the size of the cards? I am wondering if they are small enough to carry around or "pocket size"? Also, are most of the cards illustrations or are there any actual photographs? When I was viewing the sample cards the illustrations looked quite blurry, but I'm assuming either it didn't load properly or was coming up weird on my computer?!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the size of the cards? I am wondering if they are small enough to carry around or "pocket size"? Also, are most of the cards illustrations or are there any actual photographs? When I was viewing the sample cards the illustrations looked quite blurry, but I'm assuming either it didn't load properly or was coming up weird on my computer?!
Each flash card is 4in X 6in, and would fit easily into your pockets. However, the complete set of nearly 400 cards will not.

In regards to the images, there are a few radiographs, but most of the images are all illustrations taken from our beautiful atlas, Atlas of Anatomy.

(If for whatever reason the PDF appears blurry, please click on this link to view images from our Atlas. The flashcards are miniaturized versions of these illustrations.)

Last edited:
how are the cards organized, by system??
The flashcards are color-coded by section of the body (back, thorax, abdomen & pelvis, upper limb, lower limb, head & neck, neuroanatomy), and each section has roughly 50 labeled images.

Question about more MRI/Cross sectional scans:

I see that your sample (pg. 16) has a MRI of the orbit and I was curious if it also include more cross sections of the body, i.e. lower extremity, thorax, etc.

Also, does the neuroanatomy section have actual cross sections as well or mostly just diagrams? Thank you!
Thank you for your question. Yes, we do include more cross-sectional scans: there are nine of the limbs, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis and three of neuroanatomy in the flash cards. Additional radiographic and illustrative cross-sectional anatomy is available to flash card users on WinkingSkull.com PLUS, using the code supplied in the flash card box. Users of WinkingSkull.com PLUS has 100 radiographic and drawn anatomy cross sections and 363 additional anatomy illustrations, organized by body section, for review and self-testing using the "labels-on, labels-off" function and our timed assessment tools. It also allows for a user to compare his/her performance with that of other users. Visit the free portion of the site, if you wish to see how the tools work.

Thank you for your question. Yes, we do include more cross-sectional scans: there are nine of the limbs, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis and three of neuroanatomy in the flash cards. Additional radiographic and illustrative cross-sectional anatomy is available to flash card users on WinkingSkull.com PLUS, using the code supplied in the flash card box. Users of WinkingSkull.com PLUS has 100 radiographic and drawn anatomy cross sections and 363 additional anatomy illustrations, organized by body section, for review and self-testing using the "labels-on, labels-off" function and our timed assessment tools. It also allows for a user to compare his/her performance with that of other users. Visit the free portion of the site, if you wish to see how the tools work.

Thank you for the clarification. About the website: is the code provided temporary, such as 1 year or is it for permanent access?

Thank you for the clarification. About the website: is the code provided temporary, such as 1 year or is it for permanent access?
Good question. To clarify, all WinkingSkull.com PLUS codes purchased with the Atlas of Anatomy and Anatomy Flash Cards are permanent.

How good is the quality of the flash cards' paper?

I remember buying some flash cards for USMLE Step 1 last year and the quality was 1 notch above newsprint paper. What a waste of money!

How good is the quality of the flash cards' paper?

I remember buying some flash cards for USMLE Step 1 last year and the quality was 1 notch above newsprint paper. What a waste of money!
The flashcards are printed on a white laminated (glossy) heavy weight card stock – imagine cards that are about 2.5 times the width and stiffness of the best color greeting cards. They have a hole in the left upper corner for putting on the metal ring provided, so that you can take a subset for study wherever you are.

They are printed with as much care as the Atlas and are provided in a very durable box for storage. Inside the box you will find that the cards are divided with tabs by body sections so you can quickly select a section to review.

I think you will be very pleased with how well these are printed and how well they will hold up for your study.

Remember, too, that if you buy the flashcards, you also get access to
WinkingSkull.com. PLUS. See above for more information.

I see that some of the cards have an extra clinical-ish question at the bottom, and some don't. Do you know about what percentage of the cards have that extra question tying the anatomy with the clinical stuff?

I see that some of the cards have an extra clinical-ish question at the bottom, and some don't. Do you know about what percentage of the cards have that extra question tying the anatomy with the clinical stuff?
There are 132 questions and answers, 74 comments, and 37 clinical correlates included in the flash cards. About 35% of the cards have questions, and about 65% have either a question, comment, or clinical correlate.

are the images in these flash cards identical to the ones in the books?

Are the flashcards going to only asking users to identify structures or are there some application questions as well? Thanks!

are there references to the thieme atlas?

Are the flashcards going to only asking users to identify structures or are there some application questions as well? Thanks!
There are 132 questions and answers, 74 comments, and 37 clinical correlates included in the flash cards. About 35% of the cards have questions, and about 65% have either a question, comment, or clinical correlate.