Anatomy for Step 1, Kaplan enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centrino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Started Gross Anatomy for step 1. Liked the way it is in Kaplan LN. But many say do from High Yield. I really don't like high yield, its way too detailed and I just can't digest it. Kaplan is a lot easier to digest. So what are my chances? Is Kaplan enough or do I really need to do High Yield gross anatomy (although I'll have to really MAKE my self do it)

Members don't see this ad.

Started Gross Anatomy for step 1. Liked the way it is in Kaplan LN. But many say do from High Yield. I really don't like high yield, its way too detailed and I just can't digest it. Kaplan is a lot easier to digest. So what are my chances? Is Kaplan enough or do I really need to do High Yield gross anatomy (although I'll have to really MAKE my self do it)

I thought the consensus is that FA is enough, and since the amount of material in Kaplan >>> the amount in FA, I would presume that it is indeed enough.

HY Neuroanatomy, on the other hand, might be a different story.

I did all of FA but there were most definitely some questions on the test on anatomy which I did not know the answer to. I had foreseen that though and just took it as a calculated loss, since I had run out of studying time, did not want to push back my date, and thought it better to consolidate FA instead of study anatomy.

I flipped through HY Gross Anatomy last night...I think I might use it for its clinicals. Kaplan has very few, and I think Step 1 is a very clinical correlate-based test.