Anatomy or Physiology as General Bio Req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry I keep posting dumb questions, but when I called schools(USC, NYU, Temple) they all gave me really vague answers.

Can either of them be fulfilled as the half year of Bio req? I took Gen Bio 1, but zoology is not being offered in my school this semester, so I'm looking to take another biology class that may fulfill the second half of the requirement. (UCSF specifically said Anatomy can't be used, whereas Western U accepts as the part of the bio pre-req)

Additionally, from your personal experiences, what classes prep the best for bio section in DAT?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about your first Q,
As far as prepping for DAT goes, you don't need to take any course per se. Just memorize the study guides, i found that what i learned in school was too detailed and narrow for DAT.

Not sure about your first Q,
As far as prepping for DAT goes, you don't need to take any course per se. Just memorize the study guides, i found that what i learned in school was too detailed and narrow for DAT.

I feel the exact opposite, my score in Bio on the DAT comes from my classes(thats where i feel i absorbed all the info i used in that section)