Anatomy Panic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KPs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Something is wrong with me in anatomy. I was actually the only student to fail this last exam and I'm in a state of panic, I'm doing great in all of my other classes, but anatomy is just a nightmare the questions are really tricky I feel overwhelm by the amount of minutia, I'm scared this class will kill my chances of becoming a dentist. Lastly, there are not tutors offered by my school the tutors avaliable have to be paid out of pocket and our classes are so fast.

For example, the first test we had 3 weeks of content the following test was 12 days after that between those 12 days we had biochem for the most part so only had about 3 and a half days to study. for the anatomy. I have no idea as to what to do I set up and appointment with the instructor for tomorrow.

I'm starting to question my potential to become a dentist, and my choice of school too, my school recently changed its curriculum I wish I would have attended my other choices that offered tutors and at least a day off would be have been to catch of. my school has classes all 5 days a week. I'm at my breaking point, actually even called my parents crying. I have never been on this situation, never during undergrad.

the fact that the class is so fast makes it really difficult to set up tutoring time. I have difficulties identifying structures and the written part of the tests are really tricky. both the lab and the written section are combined.

after so much effort...I'm sad it might all go to waste due to this class.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone in my class is always behind I have tried to set up study groups, but everyone is cramming and people don't feel comfortable studying in a group if they don't feel confident about the content. So I honestly don't know what to do about this situation. I will try to watch and be more involved with the dissections. I even went and bought vitamin supplement (omega 3) to see if it helps me learn stuff better. I'm regretting my school choice so much, I know other schools are not easier but I just wish there was more support (tutors) our classes are not tutor friendly the times are too crammed to contact a tutor

thanks for posting the resources guys I will try them for this next exam.

Last edited:
What atlas are you using?? I used netters initially then found thieme and the latter was infinitely superior.

I've been using nethers, but a friend of mine gave me his color atlas of anatomy(today) it seems much better.