Anatomy & Physiology Req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WithHeart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I seriously doubt you could sub any of those, because none of them really have any basic human anatomy involved, which is the point of the pre req.

I'd agree with the previous post. They specifically require Human anatomy & physiology. Animal or zoology wouldn't count. Fortunately my school offered Human anatomy & physiology as a single course. Check out your local CC. Mine was BIO201, and Human anatomy & physiology II was BIO202.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you have found a pharm school that specializes in vet pharmacy, I would say you need to find a human anatomy and physiology sequence somewhere else. Try looking at a CC in your area. Also, contact the schools you plan on applying to and see if the course you already took is going to be applicable.

I highly doubt any of those courses will count, although to make certain you should contact the pharm schools you are interested in and ask them specifically. Are you sure that your nursing reqs will not count? Again, I would ask the school.

unfortunately schools will not let you fulfill their anatomy/physiology prereq with anything except exactly that. also be aware that some schools won't even accept the anatomy&phsyiology sequence, instead they'll want one course in anatomy and one in physiology (with or without labs depending on the school). its best that you get this information directly from the school(s) you plan to apply to though. as for your university not offering regular anat/physio classes, just find a community college near you and take it there.

I've looked into quite a few schools actually, which ones are you saying require separate courses of Anatomy & Physiology?

I've looked into quite a few schools actually, which ones are you saying require separate courses of Anatomy & Physiology?

well, looks like you got me prepharmkid. i could swear i saw something like that somewhere along the way when i was applying last year but maybe i was just going off false memory on that "warning". anyways, sorry if that is incorrect info, i was just trying to help someone avoid wasting their time. with some of the prereqs already annoying to fulfill it would suck to take a course that ended up counting towards nothing. i guess just make sure you double check with your schools.

Haha. It's all good. I've been looking at pharmacy requirements for like 2 years now. And even I have made mistakes. BUT you might be right still, I haven't exactly looked at all 95+ pharmacy schools requirements. This is why schools have these special department that you can call and there are people you can talk to about these requirements. Admissions I think they are called? :D