Anatomy Remediation during winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
What is the possibility of Anatomy remediation during the winter break? (Considering you took it in 1st block). I see many schools offering remediation during the Summer, and other schools during a short few weeks of winter. How does this even work when there is realistically no time to prepare in the winter break?
What happens if a student fails remediation in the winter, are they asked to leave the school without continuing their Spring semester and just return next year to repeat MS Year 1 from scratch?
Interested to hear how it works at your school.

Members don't see this ad.

My school does anatomy throughout the first year. If you fail then you just retake it the next block.

Depends entirely on the school. Some allow a remediation exam only, others you can remediate over the summer and some schools have you repeat the entire year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,
What is the possibility of Anatomy remediation during the winter break? (Considering you took it in 1st block). I see many schools offering remediation during the Summer, and other schools during a short few weeks of winter. How does this even work when there is realistically no time to prepare in the winter break?
What happens if a student fails remediation in the winter, are they asked to leave the school without continuing their Spring semester and just return next year to repeat MS Year 1 from scratch?
Interested to hear how it works at your school.
Many schools give you a 3-4 week summer break after 1st year, so that’s your best block of time to study and retake. Will they let you move along with the rest of your classes for now? How are you going to study differently?

Many schools give you a 3-4 week summer break after 1st year, so that’s your best block of time to study and retake. Will they let you move along with the rest of your classes for now? How are you going to study differently?

I’d avoid remediating anatomy in the summer (if there is a choice to do so). The summer between MS1 and MS2 can be used for soooooo many better things rather than remediating anatomy. OP - if you have an option to remediate earlier I’d take that.

The only time that is provided is during the winter break. Which is pretty much a week for “studying” and then an exam.

Depends on how badly you failed at my former.school. Missed passing by a couple points, usually a remediation exam. If by more than a few, then remediate over the summer

Reactions: 1 user
No remediation at my school. If you fail anatomy, you don’t move on to the Spring & you’ll be back next year repeating.

No remediation at my school. If you fail anatomy, you don’t move on to the Spring & you’ll be back next year repeating.
So students are forced to take a LOA? How does it look to residencies if a student has an “F” without ability to remediate (either by schools policy or their decision not allowing a student to remediate because that student missed by a few points) and forcing her per say repeating a year? What is your school policy if a student doesn’t do well in a repeat year in one of the blocks? A dismissal?

So students are forced to take a LOA? How does it look to residencies if a student has an “F” without ability to remediate (either by schools policy or their decision not allowing a student to remediate because that student missed by a few points) and forcing her per say repeating a year? What is your school policy if a student doesn’t do well in a repeat year in one of the blocks? A dismissal?
It depends on the school whether a student is dismissed in your example. Check your student handbook for details. Yes, at some schools , a failure during the remediation year would end in dismissal.

Reactions: 1 user