anatomy review source for boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wmc24

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i dont post on here usually, just read your advice. i was lookin for a review book for anatomy and im stuck between lange's usmle road map book and HY anatomy. i know its low yield, but i just feel like its a good refresher for me and could help me tie in some clinical problems. which of the 2 is better? i went to our bookstore to review both but couldnt decide (i didnt really have the time to read too much to make a fair comparison). i used brs as a quick review during my anatomy block, but didnt like it very much. help me out,thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I really like Road Map Gross Anatomy, lots of clinical correlates, which make the material more memorable. My $0.02.

I really like Road Map Gross Anatomy, lots of clinical correlates, which make the material more memorable. My $0.02.

Ditto.

I really liked USMLE Roadmap to Gross Anatomy. Very concise with appropriate levels of details for Step 1 purposes and great clinical correlations.

I think they even came out with a new edition last year (or was it the year before).

Do you really need Roadmap or HY for Anatomy?

Isn't FA enough for Anatomy/Histo/Embryo ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really need Roadmap or HY for Anatomy?

Isn't FA enough for Anatomy/Histo/Embryo ?

"enough" really depends on what score you are aiming for: average Vs 240+ Vs 260+ etc

for people aiming for high scores, a single resource (for any subject) is rarely sufficient.

thanks for the help guys. 3 months left for me until boards, i appreciate all the great advice u guys give.

Ditto.

I really liked USMLE Roadmap to Gross Anatomy. Very concise with appropriate levels of details for Step 1 purposes and great clinical correlations.

I think they even came out with a new edition last year (or was it the year before).

Anybody have any idea if anything's changed in the new edition?