Anatomy Struggles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prima Donna

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

So I have been studying biology more than anything and it still seems that it is my worst section. The problem is overall anatomy. I've read through cliffs and looked over Feralis but not much is sticking. When I take bootcamp practice tests I seem to do fine on almost everything else but anatomy I get like 3/10 of the questions. It seems like anatomy is a heavily tested subject based off of bootcamp, so I want to get it down for the test. Has anyone been in the same boat and liked a different resource (ex. crash course bio on youtube - haven't really checked it out in much depth). Any advice is appreciated. I am starting to get nervous cause my exam is roughly 3 weeks away, which still gives me a lot of time, but I want to be doing well with bio on full lengths etc. to give me peace of mind.

Thanks for any input

Members don't see this ad.

I think Cliff's is kind of weak on anatomy personally - one resource I liked for content review in that area was Examkrackers biology book (it's meant for the MCAT, but the content review is pretty well put together).

Reactions: 1 user
I think Cliff's is kind of weak on anatomy personally - one resource I liked for content review in that area was Examkrackers biology book (it's meant for the MCAT, but the content review is pretty well put together).

I agree cliffs is weak. Might have to check that out. Thank you. Any other suggestions are welcomed haha. I'm somewhat desperate at this point.

If you go to the DAT bootcamp youtube page they have a bunch of Khan academy videos that might help on the anatomy sections. I took anatomy this spring and thus haven't delved real deep into them but others have found them useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree cliffs is weak. Might have to check that out. Thank you. Any other suggestions are welcomed haha. I'm somewhat desperate at this point.

Don't be too worried, repetition will reinforce a lot of anatomy. Once you find a source you're comfortable studying it from you should be fine. A lot of anatomy can be reinforced better visually as well, so don't be afraid to use a lot of image sources online.

If you go to the DAT bootcamp youtube page they have a bunch of Khan academy videos that might help on the anatomy sections. I took anatomy this spring and thus haven't delved real deep into them but others have found them useful.

Don't be too worried, repetition will reinforce a lot of anatomy. Once you find a source you're comfortable studying it from you should be fine. A lot of anatomy can be reinforced better visually as well, so don't be afraid to use a lot of image sources online.

Alright, thanks for the support guys. I will prob check out those khan videos and look for other visual aids to understand the info.

Alright, thanks for the support guys. I will prob check out those khan videos and look for other visual aids to understand the info.
Another thing that I like to use for studying when I cannot be at the computer, (i.e. train, bus, etc..) is find an app for anatomy, to study the weak points. Might help if that is more your speed.

Another thing that I like to use for studying when I cannot be at the computer, (i.e. train, bus, etc..) is find an app for anatomy, to study the weak points. Might help if that is more your speed.

That's actually a good idea. Do you recommend anything in particular ?