1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Anatomy

Discussion in 'Step I' started by DRealDrZ, Apr 29, 2004.

1. DRealDrZ

DRealDrZ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I did a search about what book to use for anatomy and wondered if I just did FA and then the Kaplan QBank if that were enough for anatomy study (gross...not including Neuro or Embryo) or if I should read my BRS anatomy or Kaplan anatomy. Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

2. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It is alleged to be enough for the boards if you memorize all the anatomy in FA.

3. Jaded Soul

Jaded Soul Proloxil > Zoloft
    7+ Year Member

I assume you're talking about Step 1. When I took it last year, I used a book called "Road Map Gross Anatomy" which was very short, very easy to read, and had very clinically-relevent info. BRS Gross Anatomy is way too dense and not a good review for Step 1, in my opinion. Didn't use Kaplan, so I can't comment on it. I thought what was in First Aid, while extremly high-yield, was too sparse to stand on its own.

4. DRealDrZ

DRealDrZ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I appreciate the help. Taking the bad boy on June 11th.

5. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So is it safe to say that the Kaplan anatomy and histo sections are overkill?

6. DrSmiles

DrSmiles Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think Kaplan anatomy has too much reading, I liked the Roadmap anatomy as well. Lots of clinical examples, similar to the blue boxes in Moore-Dalley. If you are taking the COMLEX, it will behoove you to not slack on the anatomy. Several people in the class before me didn't do so hot on the COMLEX because they didn't study anatomy. Sure you might do well on USMLE without studying anatomy, but remember you still need to pass COMLEX, and don't forget that this is the score that will still show up on your applications.