anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i've started doing random blocks in qbank, and the anatomy questions always get me. i've read the hy gross anatomy book along with the systems. i once read on the forum that reading the blue boxes in moore is very helpful. i'm taking my step 1 during the third week of june. we end second year next week, after which i have four weeks to study. has anyone tried to study anatomy by reading the blue boxes? has it been helpful? any other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that many of QBank's anatomy questions are too difficult, in the wrong kind of way. They emphasize random details of often unimportant things whereas the test looks for your gross spatial understanding and ability to interpret imaging of key structures.

I think the blue boxes are worth reviewing and will cover much of the anatomy questions that cover clinical correlates, but not all.

I'm having the same issue. Like not knowing which cord of the bracial plexis the nerve that innervates the adductor pollicus originates from. I mean, I'm good at anatomy but WTF? What pisses me off, is once I read the explanation it all makes total f'n sense. It's the little things I miss.

which is better... hy anatomy or kaplan antaomy? how come no one ever talks about neuroanatomy? is it not hy or what?