• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Andy Kahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.andykahnmd.com
Status
Oops, I was trying to post this thead as a reply to the thread entitled "What did you "do" for your EM Residency?" by Canuck, MD.

Anyway, I hope the advice on my EM website is helpful. I tried to put some info specific to UTMB students, but the majority of it should be helpful to anyone (including non-UTMB med students) interested in going into EM. Also, I am working on getting the pictures to upload correctly so that will be updated soon and I will try to list as many UTMB alums who are currently out there in residencies and those who are finished with training. Let me know if you know of any...

About the Ads

Andy Kahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.andykahnmd.com
Status
Originally posted by MedGeek
your site was nice, but the red is terrible.

This page in particular:
http://www.geocities.com/andykahn/main.html

(I hope you don't mind the advice)
Thanks. I use microsoft frontpage or netscape navigator so I don't know much about webpage building. Hopefully the info is better than the aesthetics.

-ak

Andy Kahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.andykahnmd.com
Status
Originally posted by bobdobaleena
gotta admit.... i think your website is a bit creepy
I actually left out 2 very interesting group of pictures from the ED that I figured would be a little too much. Oh well, I think the MVA pics were quite disturbing, but that's part of the job... I am definitely open to suggestions and will try to continue to improve on the advice/info on the website as the years go by... I also have some info for the pre-meds at http://www.ttu.edu/dhps/advice.html
(I would like to be a EM rotation director someday and work with med students. Hopefully I will learn more about webpage building before then.)

-ak

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
Nice website Andy. I'd like to make one similar to that for IM, but I'd rather not put it on geocities since they shut down access to websites if too many people visit it or if too much info is downloaded at once.

EM Junkie

SDN Donor
Silver Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
I recently built a non-medicine related webpage using www.fortunecity.com and their online webpage creation tool, Trellix. I found it simple and makes beautiful sites! The domain name is around $8.00 per year and then around $14.00 per month for hosting and FREE online HTML editor. I had minimal HTML knowledge from undergrad, but I could have made a great site with none. Check it out if you're in the market for a webpage......

I promise they are not paying me to say this, although it would be nice!

Scott
Houston, Texas

+pissed+

pinbor1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
Kansas City, MO
globalhealthhacks.wordpress.com
Status
Attending Physician
Hey andy

nice website, I'm also considering academics program director would be nice or to work with students. Perhaps we could start and EM residency program back in the motherland. I'm there right now enjoying my 2 wk vacation block.

pinbor1

Andy Kahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.andykahnmd.com
Status
Originally posted by pinbor1
Hey andy

nice website, I'm also considering academics program director would be nice or to work with students. Perhaps we could start and EM residency program back in the motherland. I'm there right now enjoying my 2 wk vacation block.

pinbor1
sounds great. keep in touch.

-ak

About the Ads