1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

andykahnmd.com

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by Andy Kahn, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Andy Kahn

Andy Kahn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I put most of what I did and my advice at www.andykahnmd.com

Let me know if I left anything out that you have questions on.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Andy Kahn

Andy Kahn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Oops, I was trying to post this thead as a reply to the thread entitled "What did you "do" for your EM Residency?" by Canuck, MD.

Anyway, I hope the advice on my EM website is helpful. I tried to put some info specific to UTMB students, but the majority of it should be helpful to anyone (including non-UTMB med students) interested in going into EM. Also, I am working on getting the pictures to upload correctly so that will be updated soon and I will try to list as many UTMB alums who are currently out there in residencies and those who are finished with training. Let me know if you know of any...

4. pockey

pockey Member
    7+ Year Member

very informative website. thanks for sharing it.

5. MedGeek

MedGeek Member
    7+ Year Member

6. Andy Kahn

Andy Kahn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks. I use microsoft frontpage or netscape navigator so I don't know much about webpage building. Hopefully the info is better than the aesthetics.

-ak

7. bobdobaleena

bobdobaleena Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

gotta admit.... i think your website is a bit creepy

8. Andy Kahn

Andy Kahn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I actually left out 2 very interesting group of pictures from the ED that I figured would be a little too much. Oh well, I think the MVA pics were quite disturbing, but that's part of the job... I am definitely open to suggestions and will try to continue to improve on the advice/info on the website as the years go by... I also have some info for the pre-meds at http://www.ttu.edu/dhps/advice.html
    (I would like to be a EM rotation director someday and work with med students. Hopefully I will learn more about webpage building before then.)

-ak

9. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

Nice website Andy. I'd like to make one similar to that for IM, but I'd rather not put it on geocities since they shut down access to websites if too many people visit it or if too much info is downloaded at once.

10. EM Junkie

EM Junkie SDN Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

I recently built a non-medicine related webpage using www.fortunecity.com and their online webpage creation tool, Trellix. I found it simple and makes beautiful sites! The domain name is around $8.00 per year and then around $14.00 per month for hosting and FREE online HTML editor. I had minimal HTML knowledge from undergrad, but I could have made a great site with none. Check it out if you're in the market for a webpage......

I promise they are not paying me to say this, although it would be nice!

Scott
    Houston, Texas

+pissed+

11. pinbor1

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey andy

nice website, I'm also considering academics program director would be nice or to work with students. Perhaps we could start and EM residency program back in the motherland. I'm there right now enjoying my 2 wk vacation block.

pinbor1

12. Andy Kahn

Andy Kahn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

sounds great. keep in touch.

-ak