Anesthesia Group consultants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliCatheter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you have any experience with hiring a consultant to evaluate your group for ways to improve efficiency/lower overhead/increase revenue?

Members don't see this ad.

I once worked at a hospital that hired such a consultant. Was not impressed. No “consultant” knows our business better than we do.

Any of you have any experience with hiring a consultant to evaluate your group for ways to improve efficiency/lower overhead/increase revenue?

Only time I've seen it, it was (rather ineffective) coverage for an AMC that was coming in. It was not exactly a huge surprise when the hospital announced that the consultants recommended hiring their own AMC.

Members don't see this ad :)

Lemme guess, this was the hospital’s idea. Whatever the hospital has been trying to get you to do (increased supervision ratios, more crnas and less MDs, more weekend coverage...) surprise, that’s what their “consultant” is going to tell you to do.

Start looking for another job....supposedly there are plenty out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe I should get an online MBA degree and be your consultant.

Reactions: 1 users