anesthesia ITE for interns (CA-0)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocBB78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any interns out there not hear from their anesthesia programs yet about an in training exam? This goes especially for the advanced programs. There are a few people in my TY class who are taking an anesthesia ITE on mar 2nd (also a few friends from med school doing the same) yet I haven't heard anything from my program about this yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Any interns out there not hear from their anesthesia programs yet about an in training exam? This goes especially for the advanced programs. There are a few people in my TY class who are taking an anesthesia ITE on mar 2nd (also a few friends from med school doing the same) yet I haven't heard anything from my program about this yet.

you wont be taking it.

I'm in an advanced program and my program didnt have any of us take the ITE as an intern, even the interns that were on site didn't take the exam. I wish I had been able to take it as an intern so I could have some sort of a baseline. The only exams I have taken thus far are the AKT's which are straight forward and relatively easy IMO. I'm sure the ITE is nothing like the AKT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a CA-0 and we have to take the ITE as interns.

For the first time, the ITE is computerized this year. Some locations are having problems with space; and just cannot take any "outside" people. I know of a couple of programs that are Advanced only, and they are NOT making arrangements for their interns (who are in other locations/programs) to take it; it is too much of an issue this year.

(In previous years, it was not as big of a problem, "sure, we can add another desk", but it is harder to say "sure, we can add another working computer"...)

Personally, for our program, it has been like herding cats, trying to get it all scheduled.

I'm a CA-0, and I assume that I'm not taking it, as no one has said anything about it.

Ca - 0 , my advanced program contacted us to take it. not mandatory but strongly recommended