Anesthesia Journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me one or two of the top American anesthesia journals? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

joshua_msu said:
Could someone please tell me one or two of the top American anesthesia journals? Thanks.

Anesthesiology published by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and Anesthesia and Analgesia published by the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS).

jwk said:
Anesthesiology published by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and Anesthesia and Analgesia published by the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS).

Anesthesiology News, the throwaway newspaper I get once a month, is good reading with synopses on alotta recent studies, trends, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
HEy Jet

How do you get the anesthesia news journal?

Can anyone comment on where Critical Care Medicine stacks up in the Anesthesiology world? Curious for personal reasons. Have heard that it's definitely read by anesthesiology people, but this was from pulm/cc guys. I imagine it's almost exclusively read by those heavy into critical care, and those in academic medicine...true?
Thanks!
Adcadet

Adcadet said:
Can anyone comment on where Critical Care Medicine stacks up in the Anesthesiology world? Curious for personal reasons. Have heard that it's definitely read by anesthesiology people, but this was from pulm/cc guys. I imagine it's almost exclusively read by those heavy into critical care, and those in academic medicine...true?
Thanks!
Adcadet

I read it.

mikeshana said:
HEy Jet

How do you get the anesthesia news journal?

Wish I could tell you, dude/dudette. It just shows up in the mail. I never subscribed to it. Maybe they look at the ABA and send it to all board members. I dont really know.

UTSouthwestern said:
It's part of your ASA membership, starting in residency.

I don't think so....it's been following me around everywhere I go, and I'm have not updated my address.