Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by cop2doc, Apr 11, 2004.
Starting CA-1 in July. Any reccomendations as "must-have books" for Anesthesia reference?
Some books recommended to me by residents:
1) Baby Miller (some programs supply it, most have you read it in first few weeks/months)
2) Lange: Clinical Anesthesiology (a little longer but an easier read than baby miller)
3) Faust: Anesthesiology Review
4) Anesthesia and Coexisting Disease
5) Pretest Nurse Anesthesia (good practice questions)
6) Anesthesiologist's Manual of Surgical Procedures (haven't used this one personally, some love it.... others tell me it is a little dated)
Thanks for the info, I will check them out!
Any other recommendations? I'm book shopping, too.
Hey bud! Can't wait for you to arrive! Our CA-1 year is looming on the horizon. Did you see that you, Adrian & I are in the same starting group? Itg should be a blast!
Regarding texts - don't forget that we have a book allowance; so I would not go out & spend your pittance intern's pay on them. Plus, that way you don't have to move the silly things!
If you just got to have 1 book to peruse prior to arriving, I would suggest Appleton & Lang's Clinical Anesthesiology by Morgan & Mikhail.
Don't forget to let me know when you will be here to househunt. I will take you out for a beer or two or three or four...
Thanks for the tip. I will be out Mid-May, I will e-mail you before I arrive to let you know my schedule. Still getting worked to bone over here, but things ease up for me May and June!