Anesthesia Rec Letter Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody, first time poster here, so forgive me for mistakes

Quick question, thinking of applying anesthesia this cycle. Advisor from school says I need to have an Surgery letter.

During year 3, I did my core surgery and obgyn at hospital A. During those two rotations, I got two kick ass letters (attendings reviewed them with me) from the department of anesthesia. I also got a Surgery letter from clinical director of surgery from that surgery rotation.

I have a sub I in anesthesia elective in a hospital with a program coming up, hope to get a letter there.

In total, I plan to have 4 letters, 3 anesthesia, and 1 Surgery.

My question is, is it a red flag that 3 of my letters come from 2 different rotations at the SAME SITE/HOSPITAL (granted that 2 of those are anesthesia letters during surg and ob)?