Anesthesia rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limbic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question -I'm studying for step 2 ck right now. Unfortunately my step I score is subpar (got a 208). I'm taking a year off to complete my mph/research project (applying this september for the 09 match). I've already completed 2 gas rotations- worked really hard, got 2 lor's.

Here's my dilemna- I have a month free to either: do a third anesthesia rotation or use that extra month to help me get a really good step 2 ck score- studying is going ok, but I'm thinking an extra 3-4 weeks of questions could really help. I wish I could do both, but can't because of time constraints(already discussed with dean). Thanks for any ideas/ advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I would kick butt on step 2. you got lor and experince, now you just want a good score to get by the initial screening process of who gets offered an interview (in largepart done with step scores) or people may never see your great lor and experince.

I just feel a great step 2 will open more doors than a great 3rd gas rotation.

I would kick butt on step 2. you got lor and experince, now you just want a good score to get by the initial screening process of who gets offered an interview (in largepart done with step scores) or people may never see your great lor and experince.

yup.

Members don't see this ad :)

Concur.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the advice. Yeah, I really
need to do well on step 2 ck. Well, at least I have a
plan now. cool.
:zip: