Anesthesiologist Assistant Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j91200920092009

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am applying to AA programs this cycle and I have gotten a few interviews. I was seeing if there were any people on here that was familiar with the type of questions asked and how they tend to differ with medical school interviews. I've found a ton of info on medical school interviews and been preparing based off that info(I assume they will be simular ish), but was just looking to see if anyone had more specific info on anesthesia assistant ones in particular.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Im applying this cycle which school are you interviewing for and your stats?
Im taking my GRE next week! Hope to hear good news also this cycle !

Hello Everyone,
I am applying to AA programs this cycle and I have gotten a few interviews. I was seeing if there were any people on here that was familiar with the type of questions asked and how they tend to differ with medical school interviews. I've found a ton of info on medical school interviews and been preparing based off that info(I assume they will be simular ish), but was just looking to see if anyone had more specific info on anesthesia assistant ones in particular.

Thank you!

I'm applying this cycle as well and going in relatively blind. Let us know how it goes! Also what are your stats and which schools are you interviewing with?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying this cycle as well and going in relatively blind. Let us know how it goes! Also what are your stats and which schools are you interviewing with?

I think they all went pretty well

I got interviews at South, Nova, Emory, Case, Colorado

So far I have an acceptance at my top choice so thinking about canceling my remaining interviews

stats were 500 mcat 3.7 gpa 3.8 sgpa and all the typical vol/shadowing things

So far I have an acceptance at my top choice so thinking about canceling my remaining interviews

Congrats on the acceptance!

Also where was your first choice and why?

Incase you were still interested in my top choice, it was nova. Their faculty seemed seemed "closer" with their students. Ie. Students had faculty phone numbers, they would joke around and mess with each other. It was just overall more laid back and less formal than some of the other schools. If I cracked a joked they laughed and joked back. At some other schools I got crickets. That was important to me. Their facilities were super nice (they are actually upgrading them for my class so it will be even better) lastly, they were simulation heavy early in their program. I'd rather that than be thrown into clinicals early on, which is a pretty common thing with some schools. Also, I'm from the south. Colorado is too damn cold(I've never even seen snow much less driven in it) and driving in Houston stressed me out more than an orgo final, so there's that lol.

Incase you were still interested in my top choice, it was nova. Their faculty seemed seemed "closer" with their students. Ie. Students had faculty phone numbers, they would joke around and mess with each other. It was just overall more laid back and less formal than some of the other schools. If I cracked a joked they laughed and joked back. At some other schools I got crickets. That was important to me. Their facilities were super nice (they are actually upgrading them for my class so it will be even better) lastly, they were simulation heavy early in their program. I'd rather that than be thrown into clinicals early on, which is a pretty common thing with some schools. Also, I'm from the south. Colorado is too damn cold(I've never even seen snow much less driven in it) and driving in Houston stressed me out more than an orgo final, so there's that lol.

Congrats on getting into your top choice! Did you apply to every AA school? Also, did you have clinical experience?