Anesthesiology- Case log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Good Mountain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

Just wondering if any of you anesthesia residents used any mobile software to log your cases in order to keep track of what you are doing. Do you know any reliable software for an iphone/ipad?

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

My program (and I would imagine all programs) requires us to use the ACGME's online resident case logging system. I don't do any additional logging of my cases.

I REALLY wish they (ACGME) would develop or endorse an iPhone/android app that would allow you to log your cases and then sync with the database at a later time. I've already emailed them, but unfortunately have gotten no response as of yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to try Ianesthesia case logs, but have read a lot of discouraging reports.
Unfortunately, for the US, there's really not that much out there.
It may sound like a pain, but tracking your cases after residency does come in handy. A lot more often than you may realize.

I was going to try Ianesthesia case logs, but have read a lot of discouraging reports.
Unfortunately, for the US, there's really not that much out there.
It may sound like a pain, but tracking your cases after residency does come in handy. A lot more often than you may realize.

So do you recommend any program?

I just keep copies of the anesthesia records, it has everything i could possibly want about the case on it. I'll probably end up scanning them once i get too many.

I just log the case intra-op, as it is going on. Once things settle down and I catch up on charting. I'll put in my PACU order, then log on to ACGME. Worked out pretty well for me so far.

yeah that's what I would do if I had EMR and/or computer in the OR. We're not even allowed to use our phones in the OR.

So do you recommend any program?

I'm using "Vaper."
It's UK based though, so has a few things you don't need for the US, but you don't have to fill out all the fields.
It's pretty quick and easy, which is key for me.

I'd use iAnesthesia case logs if I could get some better feedback on the stability and interface, but it's been a dead zone with them for months, so I gave up.

yeah that's what I would do if I had EMR and/or computer in the OR. We're not even allowed to use our phones in the OR.

No EMR? Isn't the deadline approaching soon? Depending on where we get assigned for the day(endo/GI lab), we have to paperchart. It takes me forever to paperchart, all the attendings laugh at us. Usually along with " back when i was a resident..."

we use cell phones to communicate with other residents/attendings during the day as well

No EMR? Isn't the deadline approaching soon? Depending on where we get assigned for the day(endo/GI lab), we have to paperchart. It takes me forever to paperchart, all the attendings laugh at us. Usually along with " back when i was a resident..."

we use cell phones to communicate with other residents/attendings during the day as well

What deadline? I doubt I'll get EMR in my residency program while i am still here and I am a CA-1.