Anesthesiology Colleges?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selfless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this question has been asked before but I am wondering how one goes through becoming an anesthesiologist (the schooling – detailed please). I would prefer to stay at a school a long time rather than switching up constantly. I am only fourteen but, I know would like to go to school somewhere in New York preferably close to the metropolitan area maybe the upstate region? If you have any schools you would like to recommend in those districts or not would be really appreciated! Also if you suggest a school could you tell about the student life there, classes and professors and such?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just a med student but I think you have the whole system worked out wrong.

Just to clarify how it works->

High School
-> 4 years Bachelor Degree (some school)
-> 4 years Medical School (some other school)
-> 4 years Residency training for anesthesia (some hospital).

Meaning after high school, you have 12 years minimum of training before you're an anesthesiologist. You can do each one of those 3 somewhere in NY.

But the more important point is you're only 14. Its good that you have goals now but don't focus on specifics of any of that right now. Just focus on getting a drivers licenses and saying no to drugs (or possibly yes if you really want to fit the mold of an anesthesiologist lol).