Anesthesiology groups in Dallas/ Houston... looking to hire?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepdeprived

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduate in 2010 and was wondering if anyone was willing to share their knowledge/ experience in regards to the groups outside of pinnacle/ GHA that exist in and around Dallas/ Houston. I am willing to do all types of cases. Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot provide insight but am curious about the same. Anyone familiar with GHA? Seems to be a massive group and I've been contacted by them. Thanks.

A partner from GHA gave a presentation at the ASA practice management conference on incorporating part-time MD's into a group. Here's what I gleaned

- 200 MD group covering many sites delivering about any type of anesthesia imaginable
- 100 partners
- 100 not partners made up mostly (?60) of part-timers, with a few (?20) full-time non-partners and a few (?20) people in an internal locums pool.

In terms of partner track hiring, the presenter said they generally look to hire people who bring a new/unique skill set to the group. I took that to mean that new grads need a fellowship.

The part-timers are explicitly there as a variable resource should volume contract.