China and Eastern Asia Anesthetics in China

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

solacecomes

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with pain management in China. I'm not too sure about this, but I have heard that China does not allow the use of narcotics. If you were attending to a fractured femur, how would you deal with the pain management side of this?

Thanks!
 
solacecomes said:
I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with pain management in China. I'm not too sure about this, but I have heard that China does not allow the use of narcotics. If you were attending to a fractured femur, how would you deal with the pain management side of this?

Thanks!

dear solacecomes, i am a neurosurgeon in ningbo ,china.thanks for have interesting in china affairs .
In china, i think that we use narcotics more less than the dotors in usa.But we truly use them .i have heard that one chinese use about one tenth narcotics as american.this is to see that our chinese suffer more pain than amercian.
this is a pity.but now more and more chinese being rich and in the same time many chinese are very bright .we will pay effort to change this .
i am the first to be this forum.i wish to meet more true firend here .thanks
 
I M Currently In China,studing Clinical Medicine,nice To Hear From You,i Been To Ningbo, A Nice Place,extending The Hands Of Friendship