Angle ranking help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

Started off getting like 8/15 on angle ranking, and now I'm fluctuating between 11/15-14/15. This is easily my lowest PAT section and I was wondering if anybody had any tips? I mainly try the laptop method. I'm generally pretty good when they're on even planes, but when they start turning the angles, all hell breaks loose. Anybody have tips at all? Acute on the same plane, acute on different planes, and obtuse for the same conditions? I've been searching SDN and would really like some additional input.

Members don't see this ad.

On crack the dat they have like 6 methods
1) chair
You imagine the angle as a chair and someone sitting on the chair It either reclined back or inclined in. The inclined is the smaller, the reclined is bigger.
2) someone walking on the angle.
if the angle is obtuse. Someone walking on the upper line of the angle from the inside. whichever angle safer to walk on, is the biggest angle
if the angle is acute. Someone walking on the outer side of the upper line of the angle whichever safer to walk on is the smallest angle.
3)Clock method.
You just imagine the angle as a watch with two hands. Whenever you have more time left is the biggest.
4)laptop method: whichever close faster is the smallest.
5)clamp method. You imagine a tooth on the angle, and whichever angle can eat the other, is the biggest one.
6)glancing. Look back and forth fast and decide.

She gave a nice advice about, if you get stuck, you leave the question, solve 2 other questions, then come back whichever answer comes to your mind first, usually the correct answer. Always sit back not very close.

Personally, my method is I compare between how far each angle away from a right angle. I sometimes lean close to differentiate between who is more closer or further than a 90-degree angle. I also use the chair method and someone walking on angle upper line method.

First day I did generator on bootcamp after watching the method they have there. They have a nice strategy as well. I did that and I got 5 correct 5 wrong.
Second day after watching the other methods I mentioned I got 8 correct 3 wrong
Today I got 11 correct and 4 wrong.
So I see progress, the only downside is I am not fast enough.
According to bootcamp we should spend around 30 seconds on each angle question
Crack says 5 minutes on the whole question.
I am not timing myself yet.

Reactions: 1 users
On crack the dat they have like 6 methods
1) chair
You imagine the angle as a chair and someone sitting on the chair It either reclined back or inclined in. The inclined is the smaller, the reclined is bigger.
2) someone walking on the angle.
if the angle is obtuse. Someone walking on the upper line of the angle from the inside. whichever angle safer to walk on, is the biggest angle
if the angle is acute. Someone walking on the outer side of the upper line of the angle whichever safer to walk on is the smallest angle.
3)Clock method.
You just imagine the angle as a watch with two hands. Whenever you have more time left is the biggest.
4)laptop method: whichever close faster is the smallest.
5)clamp method. You imagine a tooth on the angle, and whichever angle can eat the other, is the biggest one.
6)glancing. Look back and forth fast and decide.

She gave a nice advice about, if you get stuck, you leave the question, solve 2 other questions, then come back whichever answer comes to your mind first, usually the correct answer. Always sit back not very close.

Personally, my method is I compare between how far each angle away from a right angle. I sometimes lean close to differentiate between who is more closer or further than a 90-degree angle. I also use the chair method and someone walking on angle upper line method.

First day I did generator on bootcamp after watching the method they have there. They have a nice strategy as well. I did that and I got 5 correct 5 wrong.
Second day after watching the other methods I mentioned I got 8 correct 3 wrong
Today I got 11 correct and 4 wrong.
So I see progress, the only downside is I am not fast enough.
According to bootcamp we should spend around 30 seconds on each angle question
Crack says 5 minutes on the whole question.
I am not timing myself yet.

I'll try the right angle method. I've tried a few of the other methods, but I'll check and see how this one works.
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I was doing all the methods that Faefly mentioned and I was averaging 9/15 correct on the BC generators. Then I tried this new method where it's basically like the glancing method but a little modified, so basically the first thing I do before looking at the answer choices is glance at the angles but instead of glancing at them quickly I pause at the corner of each angle for about 0.5 seconds and I glance back and forth, by doing that you can easily tell which angle is smallest and which one is the biggest. I've been using this method for a week now and I'm averaging 12/15 correct. Hopefully it helps!

This was the hardest section for me also. I took my losses with this section and stormed through it without double checking or straining my eye. At the end of the day, there is not trick to make yourself better at these. Its more so a limitation of our senses and luck. You've trained yourself to a good point. Now work on efficiency and getting fast. save time for sections that you can actually come to a answer if you analyze it long enough.