Angle Ranking Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbirenfe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I honestly can not get any better at angle ranking. The CDP 2500 practice problems are way to easy and I range from 30% to 70% on angle the test. It seriously makes or breaks my score and I have tried rapid eye, chomp/alligator, eliminating, laptop. All that jazz. I don't get it. Does anyone have any ideas/advice?

Members don't see this ad.

what helps me is that i visualize the angle like this...i look at the angle at the part they make the "V" and i think of putting a lid on the V, like making a line closing the top..which ever one has the largest "lid" to close it, is the bigger angle..I hope that wasn't confusing? lol....and also, trying backing away from the screen, that also helps a lot! Don't worry, keep practicing it'll click!!

With acute angles, I see them as laptops or mouths....how big are they opening. With obtuse angles I see them as clocks and ask myself what time is it or how close are they to a straight line. Supposedly the real thing is much easier.

Woah you thought the 2500 CDP is easy. I only get 70% correct in the 6 degree different mode.
The two method that works for me are rapidly compare the point of the angle and sit farther back help with the comparison.

I need to study more then.