Angle Ranking Techniques??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineedaboosta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Angle ranking is my worst section on the PAT, and I really don't know how to improve on it. I've read on different techniques such as the laptop, rapid glancing, and which one would form the sharpest needle (which I use the most). None of these seem to really help, and I just end up guessing on most of the questions since I don't want to spend too much time on this section. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

stick with one technique (quick glance preferably)....and practice practice and more practice. if you practice everyday for 15 min for 2 week straight, you should get it.
Its likely the hardest section on PAT, so don't worry too much. Just keep practicing and there are not really any shortcuts to this...

Reactions: 1 user
^ this. I do quick glance at first, but if that doesn't work I look at vertices/laptop method. I've done 15 min of both angle and TFE a day for the last 2 weeks, and I've gone from usually half right in each section to 0-2 wrong max in each section and less time used.

I use to think angle ranking was going to be the easiest pat but seems like it is not.