Angle ranking...what are the rules?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ard14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During the real DAT, are we allowed to put paper on the screen to help with angle ranking? I remember reading somewhere that we can't use any sort of measuring device for the test. Also, are we really videotaped during our test, as I've heard? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I read in the ADA book that sessions are video taped....

ard14 said:
During the real DAT, are we allowed to put paper on the screen to help with angle ranking? I remember reading somewhere that we can't use any sort of measuring device for the test. Also, are we really videotaped during our test, as I've heard? Thanks.

One of my Kaplan instructors said that you were being videotaped and couldn't use any type of measurement tools...then another PAT instructor said that he used his driver's license during the Angle Ranking section...everyone was like what?

I put a piece of paper to the screen but I didn't feel like it was helping me much so I stopped. No one told me anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're not allowed to hold anything up to the screen and you can't use your hands at all. I've found that angle ranking is the easiest. It's just the damn pattern folding I screw up on.

Seems more or less dependent upon the testing center. I asked the monitor at the testing center and she said she didn't care. Other people here have reported differently. Try and practice the PAT section without using anything, just in case your testing center doesn't allow you to touch the screen.