angle ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papabear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
angle ranking in the kaplan seems so easy, but on the computer it's so much harder, any tips on doing well on angle ranking on the computer??

Members don't see this ad.

papabear said:
angle ranking in the kaplan seems so easy, but on the computer it's so much harder, any tips on doing well on angle ranking on the computer??

On the real test, atleast the one I took it was impossible. Not to get you discouraged, but just keep practicing... you'll get it.

I'm not sure if this will help in all instances but I normally look at the pixels at the tip of the angle. The darker and thicker it is, the smaller the angle. That's the bonus of taking it on the computer is that pixels are limited to resolution where as printing on paper is quite precise. :D Technology coming to our rescue!!

Best way is to compare the angles to 90 ( right angle). this way, you can see for sure which are are closer to 90, greater than 90 (obtus angle) or just so small that you can just put one angle inside another angle. I have been doing this and so far, the most questions i miss on angles ranking is just 2. Hope this helps.
papabear said:

Members don't see this ad :)
bevzi said:
Best way is to compare the angles to 90 ( right angle). this way, you can see for sure which are are closer to 90, greater than 90 (obtus angle) or just so small that you can just put one angle inside another angle. I have been doing this and so far, the most questions i miss on angles ranking is just 2. Hope this helps.

that method isn't gonna work when the difference in angles is just 2 or 3 degrees. For me, this section had alot of luck involved. You could eliminate down to probably 2 choices relatively easily, and choose the answer basing on your gut feeling and your instinct . Some questions on the real exam are friggin impossible.

yah i got 4/15 on the ada angle ranking. i got 13/15 on the kaplan version. i think there's lot of luck involved with this section.

This is just bunk. I got 10 out of 15. Some of those angles on the ADA test differ by a matter of 1°, I measured! That is complete and utter CRAP!

asckwan said:
This is just bunk. I got 10 out of 15. Some of those angles on the ADA test differ by a matter of 1°, I measured! That is complete and utter CRAP!

Crap, but a reality.

Is it really crap? I mean, everyone's in the same boat on the angle section, so if you have it, you do better on the pat, if you don't, then you don't.

What is everyone complaining about? It's not like some people are getting hard angles and some people aren't...

If it's physically impossible for you to figure out the angles, then ignore it and work on your other sections. I mean, you can miss 30 problems and get an 18 on the DAT...

Well if it is physically impossible to figure out the angles based strictly on sight then what is the use of that portion of the test? Basically if you are lucky, you get a high score, if you are unlucky you get a low score. How does that shows the adcom your true potential?

so does the angle Ranking in the ADA practice test we have compare to the actual DAT??

I am doing ok with those. :oops:

very scared though. :scared: