angle ranking

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by murarkaa, Jul 24, 2006.

1. murarkaa

murarkaa Anisha

Pre-Dental
    are we allowed to touch the computer screen? cuz i use my fingers to help me wid the angle rankin section...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DentalBoarder

Pre-Dental
    yes. i did.

4. marquette

marquette Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    can you use paper rulers and do people watch you while taking the test?

5. Clapton

Clapton Member

Pre-Dental
    They say that it's against the rules. It all depends on if they really look back at the camera recordings. If you want to risk it, go ahead. Using paper actually screws me up. I hardly ever screw up on that section. It's the easiest section for me without using aids. Paper folding still sucks though.

6. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member

Dentist
    You aren't allowed to use paper, and some testing centers actually do watch over you like a hawk from the cameras behind a desk. Go ahead and try if you want to risk it. I've also heard that the paper they give you isn't translucent enough to use on the screen. My paper was a salmon-colored paper and fairly think...I didn't put it up to the screen so I don't know if it would work.

7. Dr.RedundancyDr

Dr.RedundancyDr Big Dikfore

Pre-Dental
    I put my fingers all over the monitor. What made it difficult was the testing place had big fatty CRT monitors when I've practiced purely with LCD's. It didn't make much of a difference except for the angle ranking, it made using my fingers pretty much useless. Oh yeah, the the angles on the real thing are all pretty similar, only like 4-5 questions are easily distinguishable the rest is pretty much an estimate.

8. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Dentist
    Learn to do the angle ranking section without your fingers. Whether or not you can touch the screen will vary from testing center to testing center. You don't want to rely solely on your fingers only to find out your testing center won't let you touch the screen.

9. NOORALLAH

Dental Student
    Hello, I am having such a hard time with angle ranking.... It's seems like it should be the easiest section on the PAT, but really I am getting like 7/15!!!! This is totally insane!!!! Any help???

sylviej likes this.
  10. youknowthedrill

Pre-Dental
  11. LetsGo2DSchool

Banned

Pre-Dental
    There's been some threads involving debate around this.

The DAT specifically states that you can't touch the screen or use any object such as your marker/laminated sheets as a measuring device and doing so can invalidate your score; however, many Prometric employees have no clue and will allow you to do so.

You will be video recorded during the exam but I think that's more so in case if something unusually strange occurred and ADA/Prometric needed to watch the video during an investigation. But I highly doubt videos are being sent to ADA for each test taking session.

So proceed at your own will but beware.