angle ranking.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sks2286

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

Im having trouble with angle ranking, Does anyone have advice or strategies for this section? Ive read kaplan and barrons and they are of no help.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There are a few things that work for me, some of which I have taken from the forums haha. First, you should identify the biggest and smallest which is usually easy to do. Then cross out any answers that dont correspond. To differentiate from the middle two I do the following (keep in mind which way the angles might be facing - vertical/ horiz/ left/ right, and how different the legs sizes are):

1. I try to fit the smaller angle in the bigger one (this is tricky if one angle has two small legs and the other has two long legs b/c you will be tempted to think the smaller leg angle fits in the bigger leg angle)

2. (got this from someone who wrecked the PAT and it works for me) pretend they are peoples noses and see which one is less favorable

3. (got this from the same guy) pretend they are hills and think which one would be more risky to go down

Hope that helps! if not, just go quickly b/w the two that are unclear and make a choice. Staring at it for hours probably wont get you anywhere, with so many questions on the PAt you gotta move quick

My way isn't very scientific but I try to identify the smallest and largest immediately by eye then put my thumb about 3cm above the other two angles to see just the angle and eliminate the rays. I can usually solve them a lot faster like this. practice on the computer and you will get used to determining the difference by recognizing the pixelation.... good luck

My way isn't very scientific but I try to identify the smallest and largest immediately by eye then put my thumb about 3cm above the other two angles to see just the angle and eliminate the rays. I can usually solve them a lot faster like this. practice on the computer and you will get used to determining the difference by recognizing the pixelation.... good luck

That def works, but I thought I heard that you werent allowed to put your hands near the screen for exactly this reason... can someone confirm, is what he is suggesting legal? can you put your hands close to the screen to help your mind block out the length difference??

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a few things that work for me, some of which I have taken from the forums haha. First, you should identify the biggest and smallest which is usually easy to do. Then cross out any answers that dont correspond. To differentiate from the middle two I do the following (keep in mind which way the angles might be facing - vertical/ horiz/ left/ right, and how different the legs sizes are):

1. I try to fit the smaller angle in the bigger one (this is tricky if one angle has two small legs and the other has two long legs b/c you will be tempted to think the smaller leg angle fits in the bigger leg angle)

2. (got this from someone who wrecked the PAT and it works for me) pretend they are peoples noses and see which one is less favorable

3. (got this from the same guy) pretend they are hills and think which one would be more risky to go down

Hope that helps! if not, just go quickly b/w the two that are unclear and make a choice. Staring at it for hours probably wont get you anywhere, with so many questions on the PAt you gotta move quick
lol how i look at them is chicks legs... the angle thats smaller, shes not feeling you that much but the one thats open, she definately wants u hahahahahaha:D

That def works, but I thought I heard that you werent allowed to put your hands near the screen for exactly this reason... can someone confirm, is what he is suggesting legal? can you put your hands close to the screen to help your mind block out the length difference??

I hadn't heard that! I'll have to find out. That would suck. I know that it is illegal to mark on the screen but I hadn't heard no touching.... PM me if you find out please.

can someone explain this a bit better please???

i think it depends on who's watching you but ive heard that most of places will not allow you to touch your finger on the screen (which includes touching)