Animal Behavior College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A licensed veterinarian can sign off on you're becoming a vet TECH with no school at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using SDN mobile

Where is that legal?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A licensed veterinarian can sign off on you're becoming a vet TECH with no school at all. To be a vet assistant requires nothing. High school clinic workers that have been in the business for one day assisting the veterinarian are considered vet assistants. Techs obviously earn more. Vet tech school is a 2 year program and will help, I'm sure, but not necessary by any means.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using SDN mobile

This is not universally true. In some states, if you want to do what are considered 'true' tech duties (blood draws, catheters, etc) you must be registered which requires the 2 year program and passing the VTNE. This varies significantly depending on where you live.

But regardless, vet assistant jobs certainly don't require that schooling, and assistant training programs that you have to pay for should be looked at with serious side eye.

I am now looking into becoming a licensed veterinary technician because a license would allow me to move from veterinarian to veterinarian in the state I'm licensed in more easily.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk