Animal Experience

Started by zzh0605
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zzh0605

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I have just made my decision to pursue Veterinary Medicine and I have some questions about animal experience.

I am in favor of Canine/Feline Practice and since I just started volunteering at this exotic animal shelter, I was wondering if taking care exotic animals counts as animal experience and is it really essential comparing to volunteering at a dog/cats animal shelter?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

thanks!
 
Typically, anything supervised by a vet is categorized as veterinary experience. Anything working with animals, like shelter volunteer work, is animal experience. Definitely take a look at previous threads before starting new ones, there is a ton of available information.