-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Animal Nutrition question
Started by mydogpops
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone know of an online animal nutrition course that does not include proctored exams?
No....
Oklahoma is definitely proctored, and as far as I know, Kansas, Purdue, and Oregon are as well. Not entirely sure about NCSU though.
The proctored exams really aren't that big of a deal though... I just go to the library and sit at a desk in the corner. There's really no one hanging over my shoulder watching my every move.
Personally, I would stay away from a course that didn't regulate the exams somehow. I want to actually learn this info, and would find it all to easy to slack off if there was no one watching me lol.
Actually it does not have anything to do at all with no wanting to learn the information. I have taken multiple classes online that did not have proctored exams that I learned a tremendous amount from. Simple want to make sure i have time to completer the course by August without having to wait for exams to arrive and then get sent back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually it does not have anything to do at all with no wanting to learn the information. I have taken multiple classes online that did not have proctored exams that I learned a tremendous amount from. Simple want to make sure i have time to completer the course by August without having to wait for exams to arrive and then get sent back.
With Oklahoma, you don't need to wait for one exam to get sent back before you move on in the course. You can request multiple exams at once, etc, and take them all at the same time if you need to. I've only taken the first exam, and I have the assignments all the way up to the third exam done. Since I need to be done by May, I'm planning on taking two tests at a time. The prof doesnt care when you request them, or when you get the assignments done, it's all up to you.
Actually it does not have anything to do at all with no wanting to learn the information. I have taken multiple classes online that did not have proctored exams that I learned a tremendous amount from. Simple want to make sure i have time to completer the course by August without having to wait for exams to arrive and then get sent back.
i'm taking KSU's online animal nutrition and even though the exams are proctored, they are online and he is pretty lenient about your proctor (if you're worried about having to drive to campus and take the exam). he sends the password to access the exam, you complete it online and click submit, and receive your grade very fast. he posted my grade within an hour after i submitted the exam. so you can move fast and there is no delay (no snail mailing of the exams). i really love this class! if you want any other info, feel free to PM me!
Oregon State has an online animal nutrition class, and the syllabus doesn't mention anything about requiring the exams to be proctored. I don't know if 3 quarter credits will work for you, but anyway, here you go:
http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/soc/...htm?subject=ANS&coursenumber=311&termcode=all
It's even available this summer. Hope that helps!
http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/soc/...htm?subject=ANS&coursenumber=311&termcode=all
It's even available this summer. Hope that helps!
Oregon State's animal nutrition course definitely does NOT require proctoring. I took it last summer and it was a pretty painless experience. The fact that it is only 3 quarter credits is something to think about though... I didn't realize it would only be 2 semester credits until I had the credit transferred to my home university. Dumb mistake! 😳
I took it through Kansas State and used one of my aunt's friends who is a middle school teacher at their local school. They really don't care who the proctor is so if you know someone that would make it more convenient for you that would be the way to go. If she couldn't proctor she gave the password to my aunt and I would just do the test at her house.
NCSU's comparative nutrition is proctored, but everything is online, not snail-mailed. People still mail things?! 
Not sure about our other nutrition courses, though.

Not sure about our other nutrition courses, though.
Rutgers is unproctored, open book, essay exams. Warning, they are long exams and push you to think and understand concept and details. There are a couple of projects and weekly online assignments. The prof is really great, and I learned alot. I think I understand the core concepts and how nutrition affects health better than many classmates who had proctored exams, but I think that is because there weren't any easy answers on our exams (ie no multiple choice, matching, short answer, non-research necessary questions.) It is also pricey for OOS students.
I took animal nutrition from Kansas back in 2006, and then I went on to take their Monogastric Nutrition (1 credit) and Equine nutrition (1 credit). I really learned a lot from all of them....laid back but worth your time and informative. I definately recommend them!
I took Animal Nutrition and Animal Science through Kansas last year. I found both to be pretty easy, but I liked Nutrition better. Everything was very straightforward and concise, and I always felt like I knew exactly what material I was responsible for -- I wish all my classes were that way!
I took the one through Purdue, I recommend it because the professor is incredibly fast and efficient at getting back to you about homework and exams. my proctor was a local university librarian, and it was easy to coordinate the exams with them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you can take animal nutrition anywhere online during winter break, or do you need a whole semester?
ANyone take animal nutrition throught Kansas? If so, what were ur thoughts on the class
YES!!! i took it this spring and absolutely loved the class. i highly recommend it.
I was wondering what anyone who took the Oklahoma class thought of it. Was the professor good about getting back to you, what are the assignments like etc. Basically, would you recommend it?
Thanks for your help
Thanks for your help
Here are a few threads about the options for this course. A few people tell their opinions of the OKSU course. 🙂
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=345166
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=643877
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=663994
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=345166
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=643877
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=663994
Thanks. Those were really helpful 🙂
Thanks. Those were really helpful 🙂
TT has the patience of a saint to continually provide links with answers to the questions that have been answered previously.
One more question.
I enrolled in OkSu's Animal Nutrition and I was looking about buying the book and I was wondering if anyone used the 4th edition for the class? I use old editions all the time at my college but I wasn't sure how much had changed between the two or if it was essential to have the new edition.
I looked for old posts and couldn't find anything about OkSU's book.
Thanks
For anyone else taking the course, I emailed the prof and he said the 5th edition was needed.
I enrolled in OkSu's Animal Nutrition and I was looking about buying the book and I was wondering if anyone used the 4th edition for the class? I use old editions all the time at my college but I wasn't sure how much had changed between the two or if it was essential to have the new edition.
I looked for old posts and couldn't find anything about OkSU's book.
Thanks
For anyone else taking the course, I emailed the prof and he said the 5th edition was needed.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 1K
