Animal Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm super excited about this, have been since I first saw it. But yeah, What Liss said. That didn't even cross my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks ridiculous, but I will almost certainly watch.

I am hoping it is funny, will definitely will watch.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

VBB talked about it on their blog, too. Didn't like it that it's three male vets. And that NBC better watch out and not steal their stories. :laugh:

I think it will be something fun(ny) to watch! I'm looking forward to it. (Med people have Scrubs, why shouldn't we have this?) :D

Aw man, you made me come out of lurker-dom :( Guess I'm officially back now, LOL! :cool:

I'm not convinced it will be good, but I'll give it a shot. It's like a combo of Scrubs and House.

I'm not convinced it will be good, but I'll give it a shot. It's like a combo of Scrubs and House.

That's what I thought. And I will probably still watch it if it's terrible. :laugh:

That's what I thought. And I will probably still watch it if it's terrible. :laugh:

I can totally picture us in vet school sitting around the TV watching and critiquing :laugh:

Well, I do love Justin Kirk.

Dunno how I feel about him doing the $2000 surgery pro bono....

I can totally picture us in vet school sitting around the TV watching and critiquing :laugh:

:thumbup: Yup. Totally. Probably because we recorded all of them. What a way to study for boards. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks terrible. Not my type of humor at all (for one, I haaaaate the "wacky primate in clothes sidekick" shtick), and so far from reality it makes me twitchy. BUT trailers can be misleading, so I'll probably give it a chance and watch a few episodes.

Maybe the monkey will grow on me.

Edited to add: Not sure if the trailer I saw a few weeks ago is the same as the one linked above. I'll watch the one above when I'm out of class...

It looks pretty funny, so I'm definitely going to watch it. Hopefully it will be good. :)

Reviving this long dead thread to say Animal Practice got cancelled today. Did anyone watch this and if so what did you think? I didn't think it was that funny but it wasn't horrible.

Reviving this long dead thread to say Animal Practice got cancelled today. Did anyone watch this and if so what did you think? I didn't think it was that funny but it wasn't horrible.

Eh. I didn't like it. I couldn't care less about all the liberties they took on the 'medical' side of things - that's just tv - but there were pretty much NO characters that I really *liked*.

Every single one was just ... weird. Like, uncomfortably weird. Every time I watched it I just wanted to tell them to all go get counseling. I found it irritating instead of funny.

Bummer, because I'd love a good vet-related comedy along the lines of Animal Practice, but... ugh. This wasn't good.

Didn't see it, but its cancelling can't be a surprise.
Agree with LIS....probably last chance for that to happen.

Tried to watch the first episode, couldn't get past the first 10 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Tried to watch the first episode, couldn't get past the first 10 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I felt the same. I eventually tried the second episode, but it's just so unrealistic and the people are so unlikable that I couldn't get through it.

Eh. I didn't like it. I couldn't care less about all the liberties they took on the 'medical' side of things - that's just tv - but there were pretty much NO characters that I really *liked*.

Every single one was just ... weird. Like, uncomfortably weird. Every time I watched it I just wanted to tell them to all go get counseling. I found it irritating instead of funny.

Bummer, because I'd love a good vet-related comedy along the lines of Animal Practice, but... ugh. This wasn't good.
This, pretty much.

I watched some clips online, since I don't have a TV. I personally couldn't stand it. And what's up with the immaculate lab coats and not a hair out of place? Seriously? How many of us have been in a clinic and not seen feces, urine, blood, pus, vomit, iodine, colostrum, slide stain, cud, hair, lanolin, saliva, and just about anything else on the vet and techs at some point? I just found the personailties excessive, irritating, and very unrealistic. It wasn't funny either. Just annoying.

Maybe I am sentimental but I still find James Herriot timeless. The procedures and treatments might have changed more or less over the years but the people are the same, and the animals are the same. Not like Animal Practice.

I thought some of the human - human interactions were funny, but the animal med was so made up!

Thought it was disrespectful to the profession to not actually research a little.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I haven't seen it... Tried to watch one of the episodes online, but I can't, they won't load. Oh well, sounds like I am not missing out on much.

I thought the weird chick tech was HILARIOUS!

See, I found her distracting and annoying. I tried it a couple of times, but it's just not for me. I really wish they formulated it more on an actual practice, I think if they did do their research they would find there is plenty of drama they would not have to add a tech that belongs in the loony bin.

I watched a couple mintes of it. I wasn't thrilled. I think I managed a minor laugh at one point, but most of the jokes just seemed either forced or way too obvious. And I say this as a die hard Scrubs fan. I'd love to see a Scrubs-style show about vets, I just don't think Animal Practice ever fit that bill.

I'd love to see a Scrubs-style show about vets, I just don't think Animal Practice ever fit that bill.

:thumbup::thumbup: That would be fantastic. Although I only ever watched the preview for Animal Practice, it just seemed waaaaay too wacky and out-there for my tastes. I feel like Scrubs is the perfect balance of realistic and kooky. Also I feel like I've heard from polls that it's actually the most realistic TV show compared to working in a real hospital? Has anyone else heard that?

Yes, but an intern stealing enough scrubs to make a shower curtain = accurate.

Breaking into someone's house to search for fungus = inaccurate.

Not to mention... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BDd0XseGtU

I really wasn't too worried about accuracy when watching House, I just loved the way his character was created... If only I could be a sarcastic bitch to clients and yet still have people wanting to see me, that would be awesome.

I also never watched Scrubs, so I can't compare the two... I just know that I enjoyed House.

Scrubs was actually shockingly accurate.

Grey's Anatomy and House on the other hand....

I agree. Scrubs was one of the most accurate medical shows ever made. House is just ridiculous.

I personally hated the show. I was so excited to hear that they finally made a show about veterinarians! But... I hated that they didn't take the medical side of it seriously. I was okay with it not being accurate, but at least take it seriously! Even Scrubs took the medicine side of it seriously even if the doctors weren't always serious. I'm glad it was cancelled. The monkey was stupid

I personally hated the show. I was so excited to hear that they finally made a show about veterinarians! But... I hated that they didn't take the medical side of it seriously. I was okay with it not being accurate, but at least take it seriously! Even Scrubs took the medicine side of it seriously even if the doctors weren't always serious. I'm glad it was cancelled. The monkey was stupid

:thumbup: