This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slvb

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any occupational therapist gone on to do animal rehabilitation with a CCRP or CCRT certificate? I would like to go into canine rehabilitation and don't want to go the DVM route due to incredibly high tuition, low acceptance rates, etc. And I don't want to practice internal medicine. I feel like PT or OT would be the route to go, but would like to know if there are any DPT or MOT's out there who ended up doing canine rehabilitation? I am not sure which is the best route, OT or PT. I know OT's can only get a CCRP, where PT's can get either a CCRP or CCRT. I am leaning towards a MOT as I feel it would be the easiest route for me, but would like other's inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope you get a response! I don't really know how common it is for canine rehab; I've never heard of anyone personally in OT doing it. However, I've seen therapists use therapy dogs in certain settings, like schools (dependent on the school) and mental health.