Animal Welfare Bumper Stickers & T-Shirts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angelus9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why all the bashing on the humane society? Is there some controversy that I am not aware of?

Edit: I read wikipedia about the criticism. Meh...

Last edited:
This is not a response to awaring, but I have to correct the spelling of 'salaries' somewhere or else I'm going to cry. Holy cow, people. If you're going to try and spread your message, whatever it is, please proofread it first...

Members don't see this ad :)
sometimes i wish i were an omnipotent SDNer, so i could lock this thread..

One of my sisters offered to give me a Peta shirt last year. I was like... "why would I want that?" and she replied that it's really cute. So I looked at it, and it was actually really cute so I took and wear it all the time. Have not had the guts to wear it out in public, just in front of some friends sometimes. But I do get the "um... didn't you do research on mice?" the first time people I know see it, and I'm like "yea, but it's a really cute shirt." lol. I've always wondered how it would be received if I wore it to class.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2277148
img-thing

Yes! The saleries one is annoying. Hope they fix it soon.

sometimes i wish i were an omnipotent SDNer, so i could lock this thread..

lol. maybe it won't spiral out of control. maybe just maybe we will get lucky....

I do like the first one that said "support animal welfare, not animal rights". I think many people in the general public hear "animal rights" and think "oh yeah, I support that" but if they really knew what each side stood for, they'd support animal welfare.

minnerbelle, that shirt IS really cute!

It isn't violating any of the terms of service, so it is unlikely to be closed.

agreed. :) I wasn't saying I wanted it closed - just imagining the great "discussions" that could take off from the topic matter. :) I DO think that there should be a rule that there is only allowed to be 3 threads arguing at one time. I have a hard time keeping up with all the drama when it go forum wide!:laugh:

Right. Back to your daily programming.

I like the Animal Rights/Animal Welfare one, as well. I'm too scared to put that stuff on my car tho. Don't want to get keyed...

huh, the 'salaries' one is not available anymore...strange coincidence...Angelus9..did you make these? :p

agreed. :) I wasn't saying I wanted it closed - just imagining the great "discussions" that could take off from the topic matter. :) I DO think that there should be a rule that there is only allowed to be 3 threads arguing at one time. I have a hard time keeping up with all the drama when it go forum wide!:laugh:

Right. Back to your daily programming.

I like the Animal Rights/Animal Welfare one, as well. I'm too scared to put that stuff on my car tho. Don't want to get keyed...

Haha, yeah, I didn't think you were the one wanting it closed, I just used your post as a jumping off point.

huh, the 'salaries' one is not available anymore...strange coincidence...Angelus9..did you make these? :p

No, :D I have no affiliation with whoever made them, and I don't know who made them. I don't lie. As I said, I saw those links posted on another list - The Chronicle of the Horse - and shared them here.

If you click on the "saleries" link, you can see a comment posted there about the spelling error. Maybe it was taken down for fixing.

Haha I was just teasing! Didn't mean to imply you were lying or anything!

Do those t-shirts come with a tinfoil hat?

Some statements do not lend themselves very well to a 6 word blurb on clothing.