thinkmed

7+ Year Member
May 8, 2013
Status
MD/PhD Student
Hey everyone! So I think I somehow missed the whole Anki card wave for my basic science years, but now in clinical rotations, I was curious what decks do you guys use for Clinicals and how to best apply Anki for to honor rotations?

As I said I'm totally new to this whole Anki card thing, so this might seem like a dumb question but how do we get these pre-setup decks? I have heard that people use the Dorian deck and Zanki step 2 deck for clinical cores and Step 2 ck studying? I know Anki is not the sole study tools but I'm already familiar with the other study tools... except for Anki haha. Thank for the help!

thinkmed

7+ Year Member
May 8, 2013
Status
MD/PhD Student
Ok awesome, I used the link you provided and it worked great! Thanks. For other decks though I guess I can just check on Reddit and download them from there right? Sorry I also don't ever use Reddit as shocking to some as that might be haha.

Do most people set up the free account with Anki to sync it with the phone app? Cause I saw some people mentioned also downloading the app for the phone to maybe do some cards during downtime/commute

Reactions: Cornfed101
About the Ads

DrStephenStrange

OMS-III C/O 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere I like
Status
Medical Student
You can set up a free account, but yeah, all the decks are over there stickied on the medical school forum. You don't actually need an account to download them though.

thinkmed

7+ Year Member
May 8, 2013
Status
MD/PhD Student
how do you guys feel about the Tzenki deck vs the Cheesy dorian vs regular dorian? and any input on what the differences are?

fldoctorgirl

M3 transplanted from the beach to the midwest
2+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Cheesy Dorian. You don't need any other deck. I do sync with an online account but I didn't buy the iPhone app because it costs money and you can just go on the website on your internet browser for free.

Reactions: slowthai

Cornfed101

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Medical Student
The iPhone app is nice if you want to study on the go. It’s worth the $25 IMO, but it’s not essential.

Reactions: hungrydoc710

fldoctorgirl

M3 transplanted from the beach to the midwest
2+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
The iPhone app is nice if you want to study on the go. It’s worth the $25 IMO, but it’s not essential.
You can just open your internet browser on your phone and go to ankiweb and do the same thing for free.

About the Ads