Annual Cost at Ross or SGU?

Started by SadPanda
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SadPanda

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about the annual cost of living at Ross and SGU - this includes tuition, room and board (on campus or off) and other expenses like books or food. If current students or past students of these schools could answer that would be great. I'm trying to guage how much it would be if I went there for 4 years compared to a US school. tyvm
 
First of all...there is no need to compare costs between US medical schools and Caribbean schools.

#1) if you get into a US med school and you want to be a physician...you go there....even if it is NYMC, Geroge Washington, Chicago Med, Drexel or any other expensive private medical school you can think of. The opportunities you have coming from even a third tier med school can not be compared by a caribbean medical school.

#2) comparing costs between Ross and SGU is reasonable. I think overall there is only a few thousand dollars difference between the two...(in the grand scheme of things not much). if you end up going to either of these schools... you will only get out of it what you put in to it...Go to the interviews and talk to prior grads and get a good feeling as to which place will be best for you....I went to SGU but I have friends from ROss and I think for the most part all of us have been very successful...

Best of Luck and be excited if you get into any medical school..... at the end of the day Medicine is a great profession to be in. ..

WestSideFMG
 
First of all...there is no need to compare costs between US medical schools and Caribbean schools.

#1) if you get into a US med school and you want to be a physician...you go there....even if it is NYMC, Geroge Washington, Chicago Med, Drexel or any other expensive private medical school you can think of. The opportunities you have coming from even a third tier med school can not be compared by a caribbean medical school.

#2) comparing costs between Ross and SGU is reasonable. I think overall there is only a few thousand dollars difference between the two...(in the grand scheme of things not much). if you end up going to either of these schools... you will only get out of it what you put in to it...Go to the interviews and talk to prior grads and get a good feeling as to which place will be best for you....I went to SGU but I have friends from ROss and I think for the most part all of us have been very successful...

Best of Luck and be excited if you get into any medical school..... at the end of the day Medicine is a great profession to be in. ..

WestSideFMG

What field did you end up matching into, if you don't mind?