Another AAMC CBT 10 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that this is the latest AAMC released practice exam and how it is supposed to have a close correlation to the real deal. Did anybody else find the sciences easy? I didnt score amazing on it, but did well. 10 on PS (1 ? from 11) and 10 on BS. VR was insane on their scale, so Ill leave it at that. But as for the sciences, does it compare in difficulty to the real thing? I personally thought they were much easier than 7,8, or 9. Anybody else?

Members don't see this ad.

it was pretty easy IMO... however i do wonder how we were supposed to know what a vole was (i guessed right luckily)

Haha, true that. I was like WTF is a vole. My reasoning is Hanta= mouse terds = lucky correct answer

my thought process: "oh, like the Tennessee Voles. hmm..what's their mascot? No this is not right. whatever, close enough."

Members don't see this ad :)
10 was pretty easy. I think it's because we're so trained and ready to go by now. I think the VR was appropriately scaled because it was easier than any of the others, at least I thought so, and VR usually gives me the most trouble.

I knew the answer to that vole question because my pops used to have trouble with them in his garden ;). Also, did anyone else think it strange that the correct answer to one of the questions about the stomach ulcer bacterium (pyruli or something like that) should have been wrong for ethical reasons?? I didn't chose it because of that lol. Something about proving that a bacterium is infectious by infecting a healthy individual with it. Maybe I shouldn't have taken "another individual" to mean "another human," hehe. I guess the moral is, don't consider ethics on the MCAT!

I knew the answer to that vole question because my pops used to have trouble with them in his garden ;). Also, did anyone else think it strange that the correct answer to one of the questions about the stomach ulcer bacterium (pyruli or something like that) should have been wrong for ethical reasons?? I didn't chose it because of that lol. Something about proving that a bacterium is infectious by infecting a healthy individual with it. Maybe I shouldn't have taken "another individual" to mean "another human," hehe. I guess the moral is, don't consider ethics on the MCAT!

The passage is based on a true story! The two scientists just won the Nobel for linking pylori to ulcers (MDs resisted the theory at first). And one of the scientists indeed drank a culture to fulfill Koch's postulate!

LOL at being expected to know what a Vole was

I just figured it was much more likely for a mouse to carry it than a snake or whatever the other choice was.

11/10/10 on AAMC 10, but I thought verbal 9 was harder than verbal 10. Bio 9 was definitely much easier than bio 10, while Physical 10 was easier than physical 9.

I'm gonna go back and take some of the other ones as I look for ways to prepare 6 days out from doomsday.

hahaha...yeah I missed the ulcer question one also due to thinking that specific answer choice is not very ethical.

As for the vole one, process of elimination worked well for me, especially considering the language of the question (eliminate humans), as well as context clues from the passage, such as rural, southwest area of the US (likely to be land animal), and the description of the patients (they didn't come in all sick from snake venom or anything).

screwed up the PS
PS8
VR10
Bio 13
Agreed I missed the question on Koch's postulates as there was no way they could be deliberately infecting healthy individuals.