Another Albany Questions

Started by elynch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

elynch

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been reading all the threads on Albany and I think my situation is a little different. I have a BS in Health Science from Oswego State and am applying as a freshman, first year student at Albany...is that easier to get into than the actual pharmacy pharmacy school (year 3) as a transfer? I am a little confused on this. Also, has anyone started off as a year one student here? How hard was it to get in? Any advice on taking this path?
 
Does that mean you are in their (0-6) pharmacy program?? I am still confused, b/c you already have a BS and how can you apply to Albany as a freshman???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had just gotten off the phone with Albany and they told me that applying as a freshman is totally acceptable for me, and that in the freshman application there is a section for your college experience...so according to the lady from Albany whom I just spoke yesterday, there is nothing saying you can't do it
 
really! thats pretty cool! I guess they give you a chance to start over. I wonder if you have to meet the same SAT/ACT and HS requirements as the freshmen. or if they look mostly at your college work. Did they say?
 
the lady I spoke to didnt say, but the reason I am asking this is I wanted to know whether a decent bach degree would help me get in as a fresh or whether kids straight out of highschool would have a better chance...im not sure, but i never thought they wouldnt let you do it, that hadnt even crossed my mind, so im gonna call first thing monday again and double check on that, because i just called the general admissions number and got my answer
 
Why start over? Even if possible, why do it? Why not apply as a transfer student into your P-1 year! Years matter. And what about loan money?