Another Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fia59

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just about ready to submit my app. I am just having trouble narrowing down schools....I think one of the schools I would like to apply to is University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM). Forgive me if I am blind/oblivious....but I cannot seeem to find this school on the list for designations. Any kind help woul be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

fia59 said:
I am just about ready to submit my app. I am just having trouble narrowing down schools....I think one of the schools I would like to apply to is University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM). Forgive me if I am blind/oblivious....but I cannot seeem to find this school on the list for designations. Any kind help woul be greatly appreciated!

TMDSAS is the application where TCOM is on..its the app for instate residence tho. the school accepts 90% instate students by law..because they pay taxes..and 10% out of state..if you are out of state i'd suggest somewhere else...im from texas..if you hav any other questinos PM me...

oh and also...TCOM's #'s are about the same as the rest of the MD schools in texas..which is why its on the same common app as the other allopathic schools

They use a differernt form and go through a service called the TMDSAS. Texas schools have their own form except for Baylor. Are you a Texas resident? The school has a law that states 90 percent of the incoming class has to be Texas residents. Hope that helps!!

fia59 said:

Members don't see this ad :)
hmasters5 said:
They use a differernt form and go through a service called the TMDSAS. Texas schools have their own form except for Baylor. Are you a Texas resident? The school has a law that states 90 percent of the incoming class has to be Texas residents. Hope that helps!!

Thanks for clarifying! I swear the AACOM college info. said that they do participate in AACOMAS....I am not a Texas resident, so I may have to rethink this one. Thanks again

fia59 said:
Thanks for clarifying! I swear the AACOM college info. said that they do participate in AACOMAS....I am not a Texas resident, so I may have to rethink this one. Thanks again

No, AACOM states that TCOM participates in TMDSAS.

Deadline: October 15, 2005 (AACOMAS)

That was copied from the AACOM website, but underneath I see that it says TMDSAS application service....weird..