Another application question :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't e-submitted my application yet, but I plan do it right after I take my DAT(which is on the 27th of June)... Will I still be considered an early applicant (whatever that means) if I submit on the the 28th or 29th of this month?

Also, can somebody direct me to a link (if one exists) where it shows when (cycles) aadsas sends out the applications?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't e-submitted my application yet, but I plan do it right after I take my DAT(which is on the 27th of June)... Will I still be considered an early applicant (whatever that means) if I submit on the the 28th or 29th of this month?

Also, can somebody direct me to a link (if one exists) where it shows when (cycles) aadsas sends out the applications?

Thanks

Submit now, there is no need to wait.

Your application and DAT score are handled by 2 different agencies: AADSAS and ADA.

You won't be in one of the earliest batches, but should still be OK for pre-December 1st interviews granted that you've got decent stats.

Are pre-December 1st interviews considered late?
I'm clueless when it comes to this application process...

Submit now, there is no need to wait.

Your application and DAT score are handled by 2 different agencies: AADSAS and ADA.

You won't be in one of the earliest batches, but should still be OK for pre-December 1st interviews granted that you've got decent stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, pre-December interviews are considered early because they put you in contention for a December 1st acceptance - the first day that dental schools can accept students per agreement among the schools.

However you can have interviewed before December and still get accepted later on in the cycle (Feb, March, etc...) and you can interview post-December and still get in. The earlier the better because as the cycle continues, you are competing for a smaller number of spots as adcoms fill classes.

Thanks a lot, you guys are aweosme!

No, pre-December interviews are considered early because they put you in contention for a December 1st acceptance - the first day that dental schools can accept students per agreement among the schools.

However you can have interviewed before December and still get accepted later on in the cycle (Feb, March, etc...) and you can interview post-December and still get in. The earlier the better because as the cycle continues, you are competing for a smaller number of spots as adcoms fill classes.

AKA "rolling acceptance"!

Yes, apply now! AADSAS takes about 8 weeks to process your application. If something goes wrong, you'll have plenty of time to fix it. Don't let AADSAS takes away your chance of being accepted first round (December 1st). You want to be interviewed before December 1st! Your chances of getting in is much higher if your interview is before first round.

Yes, apply now! AADSAS takes about 8 weeks to process your application. If something goes wrong, you'll have plenty of time to fix it. Don't let AADSAS takes away your chance of being accepted first round (December 1st). You want to be interviewed before December 1st! Your chances of getting in is much higher if your interview is before first round.

It seems like AADSAS got their act together this year :eek:

They received my transcripts on June 11th and got it verified on the 17th :D

As it turns out it seems like they're also sending out apps on a weekly basis now compared to last year when it was like once a month.

Bottom line: The sooner the better!

Good luck!

Last edited:
It seems like AADSAS got their act together this year :eek:

They received my transcripts on June 11th and got it verified on the 17th :D

As it turns out it seems like they're also sending out apps on a weekly basis now compared to last year when it was like once a month.

Bottom line: The sooner the better!

Good luck!

Seems that they are working fast indeed!

This is another reason to apply early though. Since more applications may be getting to schools earlier than expected, being late can be even more disadvantageous.