1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Another associate degree question

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by LoveMedicine, Mar 15, 2004.

1. LoveMedicine

LoveMedicine Junior Member

I have a bachelors degree. My GPA is not that inpressive 3.05 cum. I am in a process of doing my Pre-med Pre-reqs.

I am also doing an associate in nursing. In my case I have to do it for some reason. My associate degree is from a four year school and it is going to end by Aug 2005.

My plan is to finish pre-reqs and nursing at the same time and then take MCAT. I am taking pre-requsites from a community college. I am not going for post-bach I know that would be ideal in my case but being an international student I simply can't afford it. I will take some of the pre-reqs from a four year school to prove that I can do well regardless of the school.

I am more interested in DO schools as their as their philosophy apeals me.

Althought I dont want to go for masters but If things still didn't work out then I'll go for one year masters program.

Do you think I stand a chance (without a masters degree) after doing my ASN and all pre-requsites given that I do well and keep my science GPA 3.5 and above and do well in MCAT 27 plus. And a BS degree with a 3.05 GPA.

How would the admission committe look at it.
    Any advise on what I should do improve my chances.

Will appreciate your advise.

Thanks